Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Book Reviews

I finished Lilith Saintcrow's Night Shift last night, and I absolutely loved it. It's got pretty much everything I'm looking for in an urban fantasy. I'll definitely be picking up the sequel.

Today, I am laid low with the plague, so I attempted to start Mike Carey's Vicious Circle, a sequel to The Devil You Know, an urban fantasy/mystery I enjoyed very much. Mr. Carey has also written for the graphic novel Lucifer, another work I adored every page of. In between naps and lucidity, I managed to make it up to page 74, very much into the story.

However, I put that aside when I found out that a friend had sent me a package, waiting for me at the post office. Fortunately, the post office is only a short walk from my apartment, so I managed the hike even in my plague-ridden state. Lo and behold, a copy of Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith, the man who gave us Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. This is the same friend who once sent me a copy of the Necronomicon and a box of maple candy for a Valentine's Day present. He's an old friend who knows me well!

I am enjoying this book quite a bit, though I am only up to page 31. I shall certainly post a fuller review when I finish the book and am feeling better.

No comments:

Post a Comment