Sunday, April 18, 2010

Changes!

Jim Butcher is one of my favorite authors, and great was my joy this past week when I was able to scrape together enough extra cash to pick up a copy of Changes, his newest book in the Dresden Files.

Though I suspect I may sound the fangirl, I absolutely adored this book. What I appreciate most about reading the Dresden Files is that each book is incrementally better than the previous. I also enjoy how characters change from one book to the next, how things which happened in Blood Rites affect the way Changes falls out. Even the villains have understandable, if abhorrent, motivations. The character of Donald Morgan was, from a stylistic standpoint, one of my favorites - he's got it in for the protagonist, so we're not really supposed to like him. But by the end of Morgan's story, the reader feels terrible for him. That's the sign of a true artist.

I'm certainly going to be picking up a copy of the RPG when it comes out and seeing what kind of a play group I can get together for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment